· Anglers have a choice of more locations to enjoy fishing in Nova Scotia during the winter season. Nova Scotia Fishing areas are expanding, having more lakes open for rainbow trout, brook trout, brown trout, chain pickerel or perch.
· The Cape Breton Highlands Special Trout Management Area will be open for brook trout angling this winter and in the tidal waters of the Brasd’Or Lakes, anglers may now fish for brown trout and rainbow trout.
· A 2012 general fishing license is required to fish. Can be purchased at the Department of Natural Resources offices.
· Licences are valid until March 31, 2013
· For more information visit www.gov.ns.ca/fish/sportfishing/angling/winterangling.shtml.